In inventor split command use to split part faces, trims and removes a section of the part, or splits the part into multiple bodies.
The method option specifies split face, trim solid, or split solid. Draft applies to faces on both sides of the split. The split tool can be sketch geometry, surfaces, or work planes. 3D sketches are only vaild for split face operations.
Where do I find it?
3D model -> modify -> split.
How to use inventor split command?
1. Click the split command icon, the split dialog will appear.
2. There are three main option: split face, split solid, trim solid. Select option you want. For this tutorial, I will select trim solid option.
3. In the split dialog, split tool is active. Select the split tool in the graphics window.
4. Click to act solid in the split dialog and select the solid you want to trim in the graphics window.
5. Select the remove direction and click OK to finish this command.
Leave a Reply