In Autodesk inventor trim surface command use to remove the area of a surface defined by a cutting command. The cutting tool can be as urface quilt, a single part face, a single non-intersecting 2D sketch curve, or a work plane. Trim surface automatically extends a 2D sketching cutting command that does not intersect the surface.
Where do I find it?
3D model -> surface -> trim surface.
How to use inventor trim surface command?
1. Click 3D model tab -> surface -> trim surface icon.
2. In the trim surface dialog, select the cutting tool and select the feature in the graphics window as cutting tool.
3. Click remove in the trim surface dialog and select the surface that you want to cutting in the graphics window.
4. If you want to change the area to keep, click invert selection to reverse the selection set.
5. To add or remove from the selection set, hold down CTRL and click the surface body.
6. Click OK to finish this command.