In Autodesk inventor stitch surface command use to join surface together into a quilt or a solid. Surface edges to be joined must be the same size and adjacent to each other. Stitching surfaces that from a closed volume create a solid unless you elect to maintain as a surface.
Where do I find it?
3D model -> surface -> stitch.
How to use inventor stitch surface command?
1. Click 3D model tab -> surface -> stitch icon.
2. In the stitch dialog, select surface is active. In the graphics window, select the surface that you want to join. You can select surface as two methods.
+ To select all surfaces at once, right-click and click Select All.
+ To select one or more individual surfaces, click them in the graphics window.
3. Set the Maximum Tolerance allowable between free edges in the Maximum Tolerance box.
4. Click the analyze tab if you want to enable the display of edge conditions: Show edge conditions and show near tangent.
5. Select Maintain as surface to maintain a closed volume as a surface. If not selected, a closed volume that results from the stitch operation becomes a solid.
6. Click apply to join these surfaces.