In Autodesk inventor extend surface command use to make a surface larger on one or more directions by specifying a distance or a rumination plane.
In the dialog box, click more to specify which method extends the edges. Extend follows the direction og edges adjacent to the selected edges. Stretch extends the edges in a straight line from the edges adjacent to the selected edge.
Where do I find it?
3D model -> surface -> extend surface.
How to use extend surface command?
1. Click 3D model tab -> surface -> extend surface icon.
2. In the extend surface dialog, check the edge chain to select to select all edges. In the graphics window, select the edges on a single surface or quilt to extend.
3. There are two extend types: distance and to.
+ Distance: To extend the edges at a specified distance. Enter a value or drag the direction arrow to extend the surface dynamically.
+ To: Select an ending face (of a solid or surface body) or work plane on which to terminate the extension. Optionally, once the termination face is selected, clear the checkbox to terminate to the entire body rather than just the selected face.
4. Click more to see edge extension option: Extend or stretch.
5. Click OK to finish this command.