Why do we need slider cooling channel in mold injection? A slider core used to solve undercut of product. It is separate with a core and cavity plate. As you know, in injection molding process, molten plastic was ejected into mold by high pressure of cylinder. Temperature of molten plastic will heat up slider core. If sliders core is not cold, product can be warfare, residual stress, shrinkage, dimension error, for that reason slider core need cooling.
Slider cooling channel construction.
Picture below show slider core cooling channel construction.
1. Angular pin (Gray color) This pin has draft angle from 10 deg ~25 deg. It will transfer vertical movement of cavity plate to horizontal movement of slide core. Angular pin usually fixes by cavity plate and slide locking block.
2. Locking block (Purpose color): locking block to make angular slider pin is shorter and increase strength of angular pin.
3. Socket (Yellow color).
4. Flexible coolant hose (Gray color).
5. Plug (Yellow color.)
6. Slider insert core (Red color).
7. Pressure plug (Black color): it used to prevent cooling material out of the slider core.
8. Spring: when angular pin and slide core separate, spring force will push slide core move forward.
9. Cooling channel (Green color).
You can read this post for: Injection molding design construction slide core.