In Siemens nx surface, through curves command use to create a body through multiple sections where the shape changes to pass through each section. Sections are curves, points, solid edges, solid faces.
Where do I find it?
From menu: Insert -> Mesh surface -> Through curves,
From home tab -> Surface group -> Through curves.
How to use through curves command.
1. From home tab -> Surface group -> Through curves.
2. In the through curves dialog, sections group, select section is active. In the graphics window, left click to select a first section. You need control specify origin curve and vector direction in the first section.
To select a new section, click the middle mouse button or click add new sheet in the through curves dialog.
Note: each curve needs same direction. You can change direction of each curve by click on reverse direction.
3. In the continuity group:
+ Apply to all: Applies the continuity constraint selected for one section.
+ In continuity you can select G0 (Position), G1 (tangent), G2 (Curvature).
+ Follow direction: It in not available when we select G0 (position). You can select it when you constraint surface.
In this example, I am marking new part so I will select G0(position)
4. In Alignment, you can select parameter, by points, arc length, distance, angle, spine curve, or by segments. This example, I will select parameter.
5. In the output surface options group, in patch type list, you can select single, multiple, or match string. This example, I will select single option.
6. In the settings group. You can select body or sheet in the body type list. In this example, i will select sheet option.
7. Click OK or apply to finish.