In the siemens nx, geometric constraints command use to add geometric constraints to sketch geometry. These specify and maintain conditions for or between the sketch geometry.
I. Where do I find it?
1. From the menu(top border bar): insert -> sketch constraints -> geometric constraints.
2. From left border bar: Direct sketch group -> geometric constraints (currently hidden).
3. From the keyboard, press C button (shortcut key)
II. How to use geometric constraints in nx?
1. From the keyboard, press C button.
2. In the geometric constraint dialog, constraint group, choose a constraint from the constraint list. For this example, I will select tangent option.
3. In the geometry to constrain group, Click object to constrain then select first objects in the graphics window.
4. Right click on mid mouse button to change to second objects to constrain.
5. After you selected second object, The geometric constraint will create automatically.
III. Geometric constraint list.
+ Coincident: constrains two or more vertices or points to be coincident.
+ Point on curve: constrains a vertex or point to be on a curve.
+ Tangent: Constrains two curves to be tangent.
+ Parallel: Constrains two or more curves to be parallel.
+ Perpendicular: Constrains two curves to be perpendicular.
+ Horizontal: Constrains one or more lines to be horizontal.
+ Vertical: Constrains one or more lines to be vertical.
+ Midpoint: Constrains a vertex or point to be aligned width the midpoint of a line.
+ Collinear: Constrains two or more lines to be collinear.
+ Concentric: Constrains two or more curves to be concentric.
+ Equal length: Constrains two or more lines to be of equal length.
+ Equal radius: Constrains two or more arcs to have equal radius.
Leave a Reply